- Contessa reports on bottle houses in Mexico. Very cool. Better than throwing your bottles under a tree.
- Humanure vermicomposting. You got poop on my worms! You got worms in my poop! ... Hey! It's the Reese's peanut butter cup of doo-doo. I admire the pioneers and their experiments, so I'm keeping my eye on this.
- Sherry and David, with their decades of medical research experience, give The China Study four thumbs up. With my little bits of knowledge about how epidemiology ought to work, I have to agree that this study is the real deal.
- If you don't want to invest time reading on my say-so, try watching Forks Over Knives on Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon. A much more modest 1:36 investment. Then you'll get the book anyway.
- Roadrunners* do not say "meepmeep." They say "phbrrrrrrptt!" I can say this authoritatively because I just watched one "phbrrrrrrptt!" past my window.
*Having read this page, I can't decide if I'll call them "chaparral cocks" or "ground cuckoos." What would you call them? Cuckoo cocks?